Friday, April 26, 2013

Painting Inspired 3

Roger délivrant Angélique, Jean-Auguste Dominique Ingres, 1819

I wake up in the lighthouse
On top of the cliff.
I step outside,
My naked feet on slippery rocks,
Pieces of my dream
Taken away by a black wind.

I look down
At the solid sea
And angry waves,
Like thousands year old creatures
Swimming to the surface,
Stubbornly charging at the cliff.

There's a sourceless light in the distance
Coming out from behind a large rock
In the middle of the sea.

I stare at the bright halo.
I wonder what I can't see.

Maybe a heroic gesture,
Beasts I can't imagine,
Blonde waves,
A virgin body,
A silent agony.

I step back inside the lighthouse,
Lie down.
Shadows dance on the ceiling,
They tell an epic tale
That survived time and storms.

The face of a serious knight
Watches me fall back into a dream
In which I live in a lighthouse
And hear the wind constantly.

[Show French Version]

No comments:

Post a Comment